Thieman Manufacturing Technologies
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Brake Press Operator must be able to communicate, facilitate and coach effectively as well as having strong analytical abilities with thorough knowledge of design engineering principles and practices. The individual for this position must have a strong mechanical ability and aptitude.
- Set-up, adjust and operate Power Brake Punch Machine.
- Make adjustments to computer and machine as required.
- Use inspection equipment such as calipers, angles and height gauges to inspect parts to print specifications and ensure high quality.
- Perform machine maintenance as required.
- Must be able to report work performed in Global Shop Solutions accurately.
- Strong abilities to read and interpret design drawings and specifications.
- Must have common mechanical sense.
- Ability to calculate machine loading and determine tooling configurations to form various parts.
- Strong math skills.
- Physical ability to repeatedly manipulate heavy parts, bend, squat, push, pull, grasp, reach, climb, see and hear. Must be able to stand on concrete floor for 8 or more hours per day and work in noisy industrial environment with exposure to dust, fumes and solvents.
- Positive, self-motivated and willing to take initiative as required. Must be able to work independently and/or in a cross-functional work team environment in cooperation with other employees and management to meet the demands of our customers.
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to meet deadlines is a must.
- Must be able to operate forklift.
- Must keep work area neat and clean.
- Overtime is required on occasionally. Sometimes only short notice is provided.
- Help train and assist new operators.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must have understanding of how to perform job safely.
- Must wear & maintain proper PPE.
Educational Experience: High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Computer Requirements: Prefer experience in CNC Programming and the willingness to learn other software programs as needed.
Experience Needed: Minimum of 3 years of experience, preferred.