Thieman Manufacturing Technologies
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Machinist must be able to set-up, adjust and operate CNC milling machine, Chop Saw, Band Saw, Miter Saw, Drill, Vertical Mill and Lathe. Must be able to communicate, facilitate and coach effectively as well as having strong analytical abilities. (Any one-job incumbent may not perform all the duties and responsibilities listed, nor do the listed examples include all the duties and responsibilities performed by this position).
- Set-up, adjust and operate a variety of machines.
- Make adjustments to computer and machines as required.
- Manually program machining operations for jobs without prepared programs.
- Ability to use common power hand tools such as grinders, drills, saws, etc.
- Use inspection equipment such as calipers, angles and height gauges to inspect parts to print specifications and ensure high quality.
- Perform machine maintenance as required.
- Inspect parts to ensure high quality and accuracy.
- Operate crane safely and perform daily checks.
- Perform other duties such as grinding, drilling, tapping or material handling, as required.
- Must be able to report work performed in Global Shop Solutions accurately.
Skills/ Job Requirements
- Knowledge, familiarity and experience with CNC machines.
- Must be able to program CNC as required.
- Must have common mechanical sense.
- Ability to calculate machine loading and determine tooling configurations to form various parts.
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings and specifications.
- Strong math skills.
- Physical ability to repeatedly manipulate heavy parts, bend, squat, push, pull, grasp, reach, climb, see and hear. Must be able to stand on concrete for 8 or more hours at a time and work in industrial environment with exposure to dust, fumes and solvents.
- Positive, self-motivated and willing to take initiative as required. Must have the ability to work independently and/or in a cross-functional work team environment in cooperation with other employees and management to meet demands of our customers.
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Overtime is required on occasionally. Sometimes only short notice is provided.
- Must be able to operate forklift.
- Must keep work area neat and clean.
- Help train and assist new operators.
- Have understanding of how to perform job safely.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must wear & maintain proper PPE.
Educational Experience: High School diploma or equivalent is required. Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering a plus.
Computer Requirements: Preferred experience in CNC Programming and the willingness to learn other software programs as needed.
Experience Needed: Minimum of 3 years of experience, preferred.