Thieman Manufacturing Technologies
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The CNC Machine Operator must be able to operate programmable/controlled machines to perform a series of progressive machining operations on repetitive work to close and exacting tolerances and finishing specifications. Must be able to communicate, facilitate and coach effectively as well as having strong analytical abilities. (Any one-job incumbent may not perform all the duties and responsibilities listed, nor do the listed examples include all the duties and responsibilities performed by this position).
- Set-up, adjust and operate one or more computer programmable/controlled machines to perform machining operations on a variety of parts involving multiple machining, or cutting operations.
- Download proper operating program and make minor adjustments to maintain production specifications. Regularly check product to specifications.
- Extensive use of drawings, routings, and dispatch lists, program lists, locating tooling, etc. to setup and prepare machine for operation.
- Manually program machining operations for jobs without prepared programs.
- Trial run jobs and obtains first piece approval.
- Make adjustments to computer and machine as required.
- Use inspection equipment such as calipers, angles and height gauges to inspect parts to print specifications and ensure high quality.
- Perform machine maintenance as required.
- Operate crane safely and perform daily checks.
- Perform other duties such as grinding, drilling, tapping or material handling, as required.
- Must be able to report work performed in Global Shop Solutions accurately.
- Knowledge, familiarity and experience of manufacturing techniques and methods, and familiarity with numerical control machine operating procedures.
- Strong abilities to read and interpret design drawings and specifications.
- Must have common mechanical sense.
- Ability to determine/install tooling/dies according to specifications and operation.
- Physical ability to repeatedly manipulate heavy parts, bend, squat, push, pull, grasp, reach, climb, see and hear. Must be able to stand on concrete floor for 8 or more hours per day and work in noisy industrial environment with exposure to dust, fumes and solvents.
- Positive, self-motivated and willing to take initiative as required. Must have the ability to work independently and/or in a cross-functional work team environment in cooperation with other employees and management to meet demands of our customers.
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to operate forklift.
- Must keep work area neat and clean.
- Overtime is required occasionally. Sometimes only short notice is provided.
- Help train and assist new operators.
- Must have understanding of how to perform job safely.
- Must wear & maintain proper PPE.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Educational Experience: High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Computer Requirements: Prefer experience in CNC Programming and the willingness to learn other software programs as needed.
Experience Needed: Minimum of 3 years experience in CNC, preferred.