Thieman Manufacturing Technologies
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A Welder must be able to operate welding equipment, regulate current and voltage or gas and wire flow rate for proper penetration and fusion of metals. Obtain maximum weld strength, avoiding distortion and excessive weld at joints. Perform high quality; aesthetic welds on complex precision assemblies while maintaining angles, clearances and tight tolerances, according to design specifications.
Communicate, facilitate and coach effectively as well as having strong analytical abilities with thorough knowledge of welding principles and practices.
- Efficiently set-up, adjust and operate various types of welding machines.
- Perform a variety of welding operations to fabricate parts into high quality final products, conforming to design print specifications and tolerances.
- Must be able to use typical welding fabrication tools such as cutting torches, grinders and clamps.
- Inspect parts and welds for defects to ensure high quality.
- Operate crane safely and perform daily checks.
- Use inspection equipment such as calipers, angles and height gauges to inspect parts to print specifications and ensure high quality.
- Must be able to report work performed in Global Shop Solutions accurately.
- Strong proficiency at reading and interpreting Engineering/Construction drawings.
- Strong shop math skills. Must be able to manipulate fractions, decimals and metric conversions.
- Ability to efficiently read tape measures, calipers and other common shop measuring instruments.
- Physical ability to repeatedly manipulate heavy parts, bend, squat, push, pull, grasp, reach, climb, see and hear. Must be able to stand on concrete for 8 or more hours at a time and work in industrial environment with exposure to dust, fumes and solvents.
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to comply with and meet company production rates per job.
- Must be able to properly load roll form, set controls & adjust roller gaps for proper radius for parts.
- Must be able to properly load shot blast machine & set controls.
- Must be able to select correct fittings to plug holes, use correct air pressure to fill tanks & check for leaks while performing tank testing.
- Must select proper grinding pads for job application.
- Positive, self-motivated and willing to take initiative as required. Must be able to work in team environment in cooperation with other employees and management to meet the demands of our customers.
- Must be able to operate forklift.
- Must keep work area neat and clean.
- Help train and assist new welders and perform other duties as required.
- Must have understanding of how to perform job safely.
- Must wear & maintain proper PPE.
- Overtime is required on occasion. Sometimes only short notice is provided.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Educational Experience: High School diploma or equivalent is required. Will be required to obtain ASME Welding Certification within 1 year of hire date.
Computer Requirements: None, but willingness to learn software programs as needed.
Experience Needed: Minimum 2 years experience in industrial MIG welding environment or educational certificate received through welding program at community college or high school level. Experience with other welding processes or an uncommon material is a plus.